Force go down fighting in final Super W clash.

It was heartbreak for the Western Force as they went down to the Brumbies by 18 points in Perth just missing out on finals in what has been their most successful Super W season in a number of years.

The hosts were able to completely change the game in the second half and almost pull off one of the biggest comebacks in history just running out of time, finishing with a final score of 27-45

It was an exhilarating start to start the Force’s final game of the regular season as Aiysha Wigley stormed out of the gate early putting in some strong runs.

However, it was the Brumbies that drew first blood scoring the first two tries through Wallaroo Tania Naden despite solid Force defence.

Momentum swung the Brumbies way as they got their third try on the board within the first 15 minutes.

Penina Tuilaepa was replaced early Angel Schwencke as the Force tried to turn around a tough opening period.

After the Brumbies scored their fourth try, the Force flipped the script and charged into Brumbies territory led by Leah Miles and Hera-Barb Malcolm Heke.

After 35 minutes the Western Force came to life and got on the board through Schwencke in what was their first entry into their attacking 22.

The Force headed to the sheds with all of the momentum behind their backs looking to change the narrative in the second period.

While there were some positive moments in the first half the Force had a lot of work to do with a score of 7-35. Taking territory and playing downfield will be key for the women in the West looking dangerous close to the try line.

After weathering a strong start from the Force the Brumbies opened the second half with a try continuing to dominate possession.

Yet again the Force sprung back and chose to go through their key runners which saw skipper Trilleen Pomare slice through the defence to score an easy try at the 53rd minute mark.

Not a moment later the Force scored another through recently subbed Lynn Koelman off the back of a rolling maul as the hosts started to look increasingly dangerous with ball in hand.

Strengthening their comeback, the Force put yet another try on the board as Martha Mataele dived in the corner as her side rallied to get back in contention with the margin of 20 points.

The pace of the game completely changed as it entered the final 15 minutes as the Force lifted the pace and started to really believe they had a chance of pulling of what would be a comeback for the history books.

Unfortunately, the Brumbies were able to slow the game right down and add another three points through Faitala Moleka who hadn’t missed a kick all game.

Bang on the final siren Mataele was able to dot down her second try of the afternoon to cap off an extremely impressive second half.

While the home side played like a completey different team in the final 20 minutes and displayed some of their best footy all season the first half damage took its toll in what was an exhilarating final game for the Western Force Women.

Scorers Western Force 27 Tries: Angel Schwencke, Trilleen Pomare, Lynn Koelman, Martha Mataele 2 Conversion: Nicole Ledington,

Brumbies 42 Tries: Tania Naden 2, Alyce Solaese, Faitala Moleka, Jay Huriwai, Kate Holland Conversion: Faitala Moleka 6 Penalties: Faitala Moleka

NZ duo bolster Force women's team for trial game against Rebels
Cron calls for Force 'bounceback game' in Super Round
Williams returns to Force team for Super Round clash with Rebels
Western Force accepts Marley Pearce suspension